GORUCK Event COVID-19 Safety Precautions
At GORUCK HQ, we don't claim to be medical experts; just regular folks trying to use common sense to get by. As such, we contend that:
- Outdoors is better than indoors.
- Smaller groups are better than larger groups.
- When you can't socially distance, wear a mask.
The following precautions are meant to minimize risk; GORUCK can not completely eliminate the risk involved in executing these outdoor events. We simply ask that you choose the appropriate decision for your personal, professional, and family health situation.
- Start Points
- Cadre will do their best to stay out of downtown areas and work in more rural areas. This will require coordination with local law enforcement but we do not want to tax resources unnecessarily.
- Cadre(s) will bring an American Flag. Cadre will monitor the hand-off of flag(s) and ensure the flagpole is wiped off before a new user receives it.
- Team Weight
- Not required at this time.
- Mask and gloves
- Mandatory to bring, optional to wear unless required by the county/state in which the event is being hosted.
- Cadre-supplied Coupons
- If Cadre(s) do bring coupons, participants will come to an agreement on handling of coupons prior to the event start. Participants will be tasked with wiping the coupons prior to and after any interactions/changes of coupons.
- Social Distancing
- CDC Guidelines recommend 6 feet of separation. Cadre will work with participants on social distancing. That said, ultimately, it is incumbent upon participants to voice their concerns and maintain distance.
- Bring enough per event packing lists. Summertime temperatures are rising and there may be limited drinking water available if convenience stores are closed or picked over. Cadre are authorized the use of 5-gallon water jugs which should be wiped off prior to use and after each use. If available, Cadre will plan rest stops that are near or have access to 24-hour convenience stores and allow sufficient time for participants to purchase additional water and/or Gatorade-type drinks.
- Event Shadows
- Until further notice, Shadows are no longer permitted at events to limit the number of people congregating.
- If a participant would like to take a photo of you, the group or themselves with their patch, it should be taken with the consent of everyone involved.
Please contact us HERE with any other questions, concerns and feedback!