All GORUCK built gear, apparel, and footwear — everything we manufacture — comes with our SCARS Lifetime Guarantee. This Guarantee covers craftsmanship defects as well as repairs on gear.
No receipt necessary — we can recognize our own stuff — and your date of purchase does not matter. Hence lifetime. If you are having an issue with a 3rd party manufactured item, please contact us here.
SCARS Guarantee: Defects
SCARS covers any defects for GORUCK-Built Gear, Apparel and Footwear. Defects are a deviation from our quality assurance standards that we have on all products we build. These will usually be evident within the first few days of receiving the item and/or through use. Simply email us at email@example.com with any defect issues.
SCARS Guarantee: Gear Repairs
Q. What repairs does SCARS cover for free?
A. Normal wear and tear repairs are covered for FREE on GORUCK Built Gear and Apparel with a few minor exclusions.
Normal wear and tear repairs/damage covered:
- Shoulder Strap Reinforcements
- Shoulder Strap Replacements
- Small hole(s) or rip(s) caused from wear and use over-time that can be patched up (there are some areas of the ruck or gear that are not easily patched and in these cases we will be happy to provide alternative repair options)
- Seam reinforcement
- Zipper pull replacements
- Training Gear (i.e. Sandbags)
- Handle reinforcements or replacements
- Small hole(s) that can be patched
- Seam repairs
- Small hole(s) repairable with a patch for ToughDry apparel material only
If we are not able to repair the damage from normal wear and tear then we will work with you directly for customized options.
Gear and Apparel NOT eligible for free repairs or replacements due to wear and tear:
- Monster Dog Leash
- Spearhead Web Belt
- *Filler Bags (meant to be replaced over time but we are happy to cover the first one us)
Q. What type of damage is NOT covered by SCARS?
A. The below type of damage is not covered by SCARS for free but we will always work with you for repair options at a fair cost to get you back in action.
- Excessive abuse or damage resulting in tears and rips
- Dog Damage
- Knife or bullet/firearm damage
- Stains or burns from fire/heat damage
- Washer or dryer damage (gear is not be cleaned with a washer or dryer)
- Busted/crushed zippers or zipper damage from corrosion or excessive abuse that requires full zipper replacement(s)
- Snags, holes for any items that are not made from our ToughDry material, rips, stains, washer/dryer and general care damage, shrinkage due to care, broken zippers
Q. What products are not covered by the SCARS Lifetime Guarantee?
A. The below items are not covered:
- All third party products (i.e. patches, graphic t-shirts, accessories, etc.)
- Face Masks
- Ruck Plates
Q. What is the SCARS coverage for footwear?
A. SCARS covers defects in footwear only. Since footwear is expected to be replaced over time based on usage and care. We do not recommend or currently offer footwear repairs or replacements for normal wear and tear.